Economic Growth Region 8 Analysis
EGR 8 consists of Brown, Daviess, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Orange and Owen counties.
Access archived publications via the Publication Look-Up Tool.
Click on any quick stat to view details and a comparison table.
Top 10 Occupation Clusters by Growth
(2014-2024 long-term projections)
- Education, training, and library occupations
- Healthcare practitioners and technical occupations
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners
- Food preparation and serving related occupations
- Food and beverage serving workers
- Personal care and service occupations
- Sales and related occupations
- Office and administrative support occupations
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations
- Construction and extraction occupations
- Transportation and material moving occupations
Dive into the regional long-term occupations projections in-depth with the Employment Outlook Projections Tool.
Top 10 Industry Sectors
(Based on projections base year employment)
- Educational services
- Health care and social assistance
- Accommodation and food services
- Retail trade
- Professional and technical services
- Other services, except public administration
- Administrative and waste services
- Transportation and warehousing
Source: Indiana Department of Workforce Development
Access more industry data via the Industry Projections data output.
Helpful Regional Tools and Resources
At-a-glance details about the region's population, labor force, housing and more.
Get a snapshot of critical population and workforce statistics for each county in the region.
Find job postings and training for the jobs that are both high wage and high demand.
Discover the regional mix of occupations and/or industries to gain insight into strengths or identify gaps.
Look at commuting data from a regional perspective AND look at counties bordering Indiana at the same time.
These are the official labor force projections to 2040 released in November 2012 by the Indiana Business Research Center.
View manufacturing employers and occupations by region.
We need your input!
Let us know if you have suggestions on things you'd like to see on this page.Provide feedback